Happy Valentine’s day eve. And for everyone else, happy Sunday. ;)
Here’s an update on our lives for those wondering…
1. Test Pilot School (TPS) is in full swing. Jay starts his third week of class tomorrow, and he’s loving every second. His enthusiasm is contagious.
2. TPS Spouse club is in full swing. Although overwhelming at first, I’ve already met some really wonderful women. I’ve had the chance to meet some of Jay’s classmates too, and they couldn’t be a nicer bunch. It’s going to be a fun, albeit stressful year.
3. Someone has applied to adopt Thyme. If the application and home visit checks out, Thyme will have a new home. This entire process has been bittersweet. I will never stop thinking about him.
4. Jay and I are almost regretting our decision to purchase our iPhones. Our social skills have decreased considerably since we’ve owned them. For example, at a recent gathering with friends, all five of us were playing games with our phones in complete silence. I am ashamed. My top three time-wasting apps:
- Angry Birds
- Words with Friends
But I just can’t quit it. I’m in love.
5. Today, I was able to do something that I love to do — go outside and take photos.
The pond is not far from my house, but I just discovered it today. I can’t wait to go back during the different seasons.
Interesting factoid: Two bald eagles were circling overhead when I was out snapping pictures.
Interesting factoid #2: Southern Maryland reached a balmy 61 degrees today. All I ask for is that we don’t get a “freak” snowstorm between now and spring.
Wishing you a wonderful start to the new week,